It's What About Me Wednesday! So I'm rounding up a few random things about me that hopefully you will find interesting :) If not, just tell me to go back to the food already. Hope you enjoy!
1) I’m not a huge candy eater. Though I adore desserts and have to have something sweet after dinner almost every night, candy just doesn’t do it for me. The only candy that will do it every time for me is Reese’s peanut butter cups! Give me those or give me nothing. Our trick or treaters don't stand a chance of getting any of those at our house this year.
2) I used to have an almost crippling fear of flying. My youngest sister Christine can tell you all about it since she’s endured way to many clammy hand holds on flights to Aruba than one child should ever have to endure. Luckily the key to this first statement is used to. I have done so much flying for work and vacation over the last 2 years that I’ve had no choice but to woman up and accept flying...and dare I say even semi-enjoying it? I realized that if I wanted to be a world traveler and successful business woman with a carefree ‘tude, the fear of flying just had to go.
3) I have to - HAVE TO - make the bed every day. I cannot get into an unmade bed. I simply cannot. I will even make the bed right before I get into it if I have to. The rest of my home could be a total disaster, but as long as my bed is made I’m a happy lady. Even Shaun has gotten into making the bed if only so I don’t freak out am happy. As every man knows happy wife = happy life.
4) I love paper. It’s true. Shaun says I should have worked at Dunder-Mifflin. I would have settled for the now defunct Kate’s Paperie. All of that clean, delicious stationary brimming with possibilities. And don't even get me started on journals. I love.
5) I wear contact lenses during the day and change into eyeglasses almost as soon as I get home from work every day. I know that I should bite the bullet and get Lasik, but it weirds me out. Plus I got new glasses and they are super cute. I’m fairly certain there are no blog pics of me with glasses. Maybe I need to get on that one...
6) I just painted my nails in Deborah Lippman Dark Side of the Moon. I love this color so much and I adore this brand of nail polish. It goes on so smooth and beautifully!
7) I'm leaving for Albuquerque tonight! I'm still not totally packed and have to head off to work for a half day. I have a totally delicious, easy and healthy recipe coming at you tomorrow and perhaps a few updates from my trip (that is, if this rainy weather goes away before our flight this evening! Ahh!). If you missed my ABQ moodboard, be sure to check it out on The Peach & The Pit! I love everything on it!
That's it for me today! Hope you enjoyed this installment of What About Me Wednesday and if you have any questions you simply need to have answered, shoot them my way for next week's post!
Questions of the Day:
Do you have a fear of flying?
Tell me something about you!