You Guys...


So you may be wondering why I've been semi-MIA for the last couple of weeks, and friends, let me tell you something...the last two weeks have been pretty trying. It's pretty rare - nay, unheard of - for me to be blogging at 9PM on a Saturday night, but here I am, alone in my parents living room, waiting for the Outlander season finale to begin and thought I'd do a quick catch up on the blog.

If you follow me on instagram, you were probably overloaded with photos of my dear friend Tanuja's wedding 2 weekends ago, which took place in Dallas, TX. I left Shaun and Penelope home for the weekend, and flew to Dallas to spend the weekend with my college ladies and it was so much fun. In short, the wedding was amazing. I planned to do an immediate photo post to share all the amazingness, but unfortunately I have done nothing of the sort. During that weekend in Dallas, I felt like I was fighting off some sort of sinus situation, but attributed it to flying, sleeping in a hotel, and all the fun things that happen when traveling is involved. I woke up that Sunday morning with no voice whatsoever and just overall feeling totally hit-by-truckish. I flew home that afternoon, and on the descent into Newark, my right ear was in excruciating pain. It never quite popped, I continued to have nary a voice, and my sinuses just got worse.

On Tuesday, I stayed home from work and saw my general practitioner. After a healthy dose of antibiotics, ear drops and nasal spray, I was laid up for 2 days, sleeping and watching 50 Shades of Grey. I was back to work Thursday and Friday, but truth be told, I was still feeling pretty terrible, mainly due to an ear that STILL FELT CLOGGED. You guys, this is such a terrible feeling. I've never suffered from ear pain or anything of the sort, but let me tell you - this is one of the worst ailments I've ever had.

That got us to Memorial Day Weekend - another post that I've been meaning to do! We hit the beach last Saturday and spent Sunday at my parents house. By Monday my ear was feeling even worse and so we ended up at urgent care on Memorial Day morning. I was prescribed prednisone to help the inflammation in my ear and referred to an ENT. Though I didn't feel better, I had peace of mind just speaking to a doctor. Tuesday, I awoke feeling just as terrible and so I got a same-day ENT appointment.

The meeting with the ENT was ok...we at least got a plan in place to fix things. Oh also, I forgot to mention, I have to fly again on June 8th for my annual work trip to Las Vegas (a trip I do NOT intend to miss!). The doctor informed me that my ear is still totally filled with fluid and has nowhere to drain. He upped my dose of steroid and made a plan for me to come back next Wednesday (2.5 weeks after the initial incident). If it's not drained on its own by then, he will manually drain it and install a tube so that I can fly next week.

I wish I could say that I feel better, but yesterday and today my ear has felt even more clogged and just worse. So I may end up just going in on Monday, depending on how things shake out over the next 2 days.

The worst part about the ear situation is that it just makes me feel not well overall. I've been tired, hard of hearing on that side, and just uncomfortable. Here's hoping that things will work out this week!

So on another has been truly crazy. We are getting ready for our biggest trip of the year and so being out of the office sick (or in the office and sick) has not been awesome. Oh and! Penelope got sent home on Wednesday from daycare with a fever. So we've been fighting that one too.

It's been a rough couple of weeks. Now that I've rambled on and on about my have you been? I have so many posts that I've been planning to write, but just honestly have barely kept it together as is and so here's hoping that this week will be a bit more biz as usual.

This weekend, Shaun is reffing soccer with his dad and brother, and so Penelope and I are shacked up at my parents house. It has been really nice and relaxing. We spent today out by the pool and now I'm laid out on the couch about to watch Outlander while Penelope snoozes upstairs. It's fun to just be a kid again sometimes, especially when not feeling 100%. Though I must shout out to my husband who has been so freaking amazing while I've been super annoying and insufferable with illness for the last 2 weeks. He's been a rockstar taking care of me and Penelope and hopefully that won't have to be the case for much longer!

So what have you guys been up to lately? Are you enjoying this glorious weather as much as I have been? Have you ever suffered from severe ear clogging and pain?! How did you treat it?