Happy happy Friday! We are off this weekend to a last beach getaway in Delaware. I'm so happy we get one more summery weekend before the fall starts to really set in. In honor of September 11 this Sunday, I'm sharing the above photo. I think Shaun took this one on a bright and sunny morning this summer as it's right near his office. Somehow, it's been 15 years and yet I remember it like it was yesterday --->also, did I really write this post 5 years ago?
I hope that you all have a great weekend and enjoy these last hot days. Below are some links to keep you procrastinating...
- The Emmy's are approaching, but did you know you can also vote for the Poppy Awards? My votes are in...give me all the Outlander/Mr. Robot please.
- This pumpkin fluff recipe is going to be my fall go-to, especially since I can keep it low in sugar!
- I'm such a sucker for a great opening sequence. Salon ranks HBO's best, though I don't understand how True Blood is so low on the totem pole. One of the best opening credits ever created, in my opinion.
- Freaking out about Netflix's upcoming Amanda Knox doc
- This Greek chicken stew with cauliflower & olives had me at hello. Perfect for upcoming cooler months!
- I'm thinking about starting a bullet journal...mainly because I have fomo for all the things...but also maybe this would help me focus?! Do any of you do this? Right now I use Google Keep on my phone and it works just fine...
- The back-to-school sadness struggle is real.
- A case for spending money on experiences, instead of stuff. I'm so on board with this, especially as a city-dweller living in an apartment.
- 17 things you may not know about the NYC subway system