It makes my hair look near perfect everytime. It's an investment for sure (though my mom gifted this to me for my birthday a couple of years back), but I would happily recommend it to anyone! After all, can you really put a price on good hair? ;)
click for source
New York City
It's the place I've wanted to be my entire life. Even when I hate you, I still love you, New York. The dirty, peed on streets, wandering lunatics, unique smells and the most disgusting subway system on the planet just doesn't deter my undying love for the culture, hole-in-the-wall restaurants, food, parks, hustle & bustle, music, street food & vendors, performances, shows...the list goes on and on.
Cold drinking water
This goes without saying, but is there anything better than a tall glass of water, filled with ice? It's thirst quenching, hydrating and just about the best thing ever.
I adore a solid slice of New York pizza, or an oversized boardwalk slice that's half the size of my head. Cheesy and saucy, I love diving in and burning my tongue every time. Ah.
I'm a huge reader (I've been slacking lately, but get ready for a comeback!), and to me, there is really not much in life that is better than getting lost in a great book; one that you simply cannot put down, sneak peaks at during your work day, or stay up late into the night reading while your husband is fast asleep next to you. It's a wonderful thing!
Pillars of the Earth, one of my all time favorite books!
So there you have it. Another 5 things I just don't want to live without!
It's really no secret that Shaun and I watch a lot of television. On our list right now? Shameless, Castle, Fringe, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Parenthood, Kourtney & Kim Take New York... (ok the last two are on my own list, not Shaun's...). Not to mention continuing our Sons of Anarchy love on DVD and I keep trying to convince Shaun that it is in fact necessary to catch up on Homeland via On Demand.
Yep. This is why I have no time in my life.
So for today's What About Me Wednesday, I thought it would be fun to talk about my very first TV obsession. When I was a kid, there was one show that I watched over and over. So much so that my parents had multiple VHS recordings of the show that I'd watch on loop. There are stories that they actually had to hide the tapes on me for a while because they were getting a bit concerned. That's not weird, right?
Anyhow, my very first TV love? Fraggle Rock!
I still remember all the characters, the Doozers, the Trash Heap, and definitely all the words to the opening song!
I used to have all of the dolls and I think I still have the full collection of the McDonald's Happy Meal Toys...you know, the ones that have the characters in little vegetable cars. Yes.
They don't make 'em like this anymore. Just looking back at the opening credits makes me feel such nostalgia for playing downstairs in my parents house as a child, with toys strewn everywhere, wishing I could be Red Fraggle.
Luckily, they do in fact put old shows on DVD and a few Christmases ago, my parents got me the entire box set! So fun. I can't wait to watch it again with my own kiddos someday.
So there you have it. The one that started it all :)
So I was planning on telling you about marshmallows today. Unfortunately, my computer is still all kinds of messed up and I think (slash I hope) that it will be a simple system upgrade. And even more unfortunately, I tried to do that last night, however, my computer doesn't have enough memory for the upgrade. So I tried to move everything to my external hard drive so I could free up some memory (most of it is on there anyway, but I wanted to confirm before deleting anything...) however, my old as dirt computer now refuses to read my hard drive. So I can not only not upgrade my system, but I can't access my hard drive (and photos) either. Le sigh.
Instead, I'll just do a Wednesday Things post where I tell you all about what I'm happy about, mmmk? I like that idea better anyway ;)
1. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Yippeee! I actually love holiday shopping and gift giving. It's so fun to find great gifts for people I love. I think that means tonight will be a gift wrapping evening...and perhaps I can convince my husband to watch a Christmas movie...I'm eyeing this one...
2. There's still time to enter the homemade holiday goodies giveaway! I've been collecting some fun stuff to send the winner (not to mention lots of homemade goods), so if you haven't entered to win yet, you have until midnight!
3. Last night Shaun and I stumbled upon a special about Yellowstone National Park on Planet Green, which we happily watched. We had visited the park last summer and it was one of the best trips I've ever been on. I had no idea what to expect before we went, and it was truly an amazing place. One spot is more beautiful than the next...and the animals are like nothing I'd ever seen before in person.
4. Yesterday, I geeked out atButter Lane Bake Shop. They named me their blogger of the week, so of course I had to go and buy some cupcakes see my name in lights chalk. Such a cute place and their cupcakes are heavenly. My good friend Lauren was kind enough to accompany me, play photographer and of course, add a frosting shot to our coffee (apparently that's their idea of 'creamer'...and if that's wrong, I don't want to be right).
5. I'm thinking of running a virtual bake sale/auction after the holidays. My cousin Jessica, who is just 22-years-old, was recently diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago and we are all doing what we can to support her and raise some money for her medical bills. Would you be interested in baking something for a potential sale? Or buying from a sale? You wouldn't have to be a blogger...just a kind and willing person who could make a batch of baked goods and be willing to ship them to your highest bidder...please let me know! If I get enough people, I'd love to make this happen! I know the holidays are incredibly busy, but perhaps in January? Jess needs our help!
6. I'm trying to get into drinking herbal tea. Thoughts on this?
7. Who is watching American Horror Story? Anyone? I am finally caught up on this season and am loving every second of this show! I cannot believe that it will come to a close next week. Please don't post any spoilers in the comments, but I'll open up a discussion on the Facebook page if you want to discuss. My mind, for one, was blown. I even just love the opening credits. To me, good opening credits are of huge importance. The music alone gives me the heebee jeebs.
8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes out next week. I'm so beyond down with this that I can't even tell you. Every time a trailer comes on for it, I make Shaun stop the fast forward button so I can watch it. (I promise, it hasnt gotten old for him ;)) It looks remarkably dark, which is just how it should be. Ah I can't wait!